1. Neither sex can understand why the other is so fond of them.
2. Giving them always feels silly at first.
3. No one ever complains of getting too many.
4. They're always guaranteed to brighten someone's day.
5. They always bring the greatest pleasure when they're least expected.
6. It's tempting to feel jealous if someone else is getting them instead of you.
7. They're a sure sign that someone thinks you're special.
8. Giving them with frequency will make you a catch.
9. Giving them with flair will make you a legend.
10. Giving them clumsily is better than not giving them at all.
11. Although they're soon history, they're seldom forgotten.
12. The more graciously they're given, the more greatly they're adored.
13. A fool treats giving them as an obligation instead of an opportunity.
14. Anyone who has to beg for one is probably neglecting the other.
15. There's nothing more pathetic than having to buy them for yourself.
16. If giving them is a bother, you're thinking about the wrong person.
17. A relationship with both is a recipe for bliss.
18. A relationship with neither is a recipe for bland.
19. A relationship with only one is a recipe for trouble.
20. A world with an abundance of both would be a richer place
METAMIA is a free database of analogy and metaphor. Anyone can contribute or search. The subject matter can be anything. Science is popular, but poetry is encouraged. The goal is to integrate our fluid muses with the stark literalism of a relational database. Metamia is like a girdle for your muses, a cognitive girdle.