A Poison It Is......

a: Carbon monoxide ~
b: a taxi passenger that refuses to get off

What: "Carbon monoxide is poisonous as it has a higher affinity to haemoglobin(the protein that makes your blood cells red),froming carboxyhaemoglobin.In essence,carbon monoxide is like a taxi passenger that refuses to get off at his destination as he doesn't have the fee.Therefore more passengers,a.k.a oxygen molecules,cant bind with haemoglobin,so we die of suffocation,which will feel like losing consciousness.Not very painful,but it is faster."

Writer: The Gasconni
Date: Jul 22 2013 7:14 PM

Send a comment/complaint about this entry to Metamia.com:


Please provide any other details you think
will be useful to us in the text area below.